You have made it to interview, but what happens next. We work with you to make sure you are prepared… where do you have to go, who are you meeting, what bus do you need, how much is the fare… we will help you with all those questions and more.
You need to find out what sort of interview you are having so that you can prepare. It may be one or a combination of the following
This is where you have an interview with your potential boss
This is where you have an interview with more than one person
This is where you do an activity as part of a group and you are marked on the way that you communicate with your team mates
This is where you have to give a small presentation about a topic or the business you are applying to
You may be asked to bring with you samples of your work – this is normally for creative positions
There are other types of interview and we will give you the support you need. We will also give you tips on the sorts of questions you may be asked and the questions you should ask at the end.
Getting the job on an employed or self-employed basis would be amazing as it would open up new opportunities, but it can also be daunting. What sorts of things should you prepare for?
The first thing to do is a personal budget so you know how much money you will get each month. You should also find out if you are entitled to Tax Credits or other support.
Here are a few things you need to think about …
- Rent and Bills – the important one. Have you got enough money to pay the bills?
- Clothes – making sure that you are aware of the dress code. Do you need specific clothing, a uniform, or is it smart? Have you got things you can wear?
- Fares – make sure that you have the fares for the first month until you get paid. You may find it cheaper to buy a monthly bus pass.
- Food – you need to eat! Prepare a food budget to ensure that you stay well.
You also need to think about your timetable
- Do you care for someone at home?
- Do you need to do a school run?
- What time do you need to be at work … can you get there on time?
- What time do you finish work … what plans do you need to put in place for other members of the household?
We can work it out . . .
We will help you work through the first few days of work so that it is easier for you.