Getting the job on an employed or self-employed basis would be amazing as it would open up new opportunities, but it can also be daunting. What sorts of things should you prepare for?
The first thing to do is a personal budget so you know how much money you will get each month. You should also find out if you are entitled to Tax Credits or other support.
Here are a few things you need to think about …
- Rent and Bills – the important one. Have you got enough money to pay the bills?
- Clothes – making sure that you are aware of the dress code. Do you need specific clothing, a uniform, or is it smart? Have you got things you can wear?
- Fares – make sure that you have the fares for the first month until you get paid. You may find it cheaper to buy a monthly bus pass.
- Food – you need to eat! Prepare a food budget to ensure that you stay well.
You also need to think about your timetable
- Do you care for someone at home?
- Do you need to do a school run?
- What time do you need to be at work … can you get there on time?
- What time do you finish work … what plans do you need to put in place for other members of the household?
We will help you work through the first few days of work so that it is easier for you.