The Samee Charity is pleased to announce that we are able to offer NVQ courses
As an IOEE Academy, we can offer you level 1 and 2 NVQs in self-employment and employability skills so that you can gain qualifications whilst setting up your business and contracts.
With support from local agencies and sponsors, we are able to offer you a FREE qualification and you can choose the units that will give you the best start on your journey.
How are NVQs achieved ?
NVQs work by testing your abilities in the workplace. To complete an NVQ you need to prove that you can do certain work-related tasks . . .
You are then assessed in two types of ways :
- Portfolio - You build up evidence of what you've done at work
- Observation - An assessor watches you work and checks that you can do the tasks
Students produce evidence to prove they have the competence to meet the NVQ standards. An assessor then signs off units when you are ready to move on
The assessor tests candidates' knowledge, understanding and work-based performance to make sure that you can demonstrate competence in the workplace
Candidates compare their performance with the standards as they learn. Look at what they have achieved, how much they may still need to learn & do, then how you should go about it, until you are assessed as competent for a unit or whole NVQ Level
Here are just a few of the units we can offer !!
- Developing an Enterprising Character
- Self-Awareness and Self-Belief
- Completing Voluntary Work
- Presenting Yourself for Work
- The Importance of Managing Personal Finance
- Understand the Skills and Knowledge Required to run a Business
- Understand the Importance of Business Planning
- Understand How to Manage Money in Business
- Understand How to Market your Business
- Principles of Social Media for Business Use
- Understand How to Access Help and Support in Business
Employability Skills are defined as the transferable skills needed by an individual to make them 'Employable'.
Employers often outline a set of skills that they want from an employee including being able to communicate with a diverse range of people as well as being able to work in a team, with good subject knowledge and technical understanding of the job